We live in a time when borders are getting less important every day, and where everyone is encouraged to broaden their horizon and expand their thoughts and minds. You don’t have to be big to go global - ideas, intentions, plans, movements and visions can all be borderless and internationalized without being a huge corporation. It’s a global world, so why shouldn’t you be?
- .GLOBAL is Descriptive - "GLOBAL" as the domain name descriptor explains much more than .com, .net or .org; implying that something is universal, worldwide, all-inclusive, non-discriminating and limitless. Make every part of your online identity count.
- .GLOBAL Shows Forward-Thinking - A modern and great way for a registrant to express the global nature of their idea, organization, company or movement.
- .GLOBAL is International - "Global" is a well-known word in many languages, which gives it universal recognition. .GLOBAL also supports IDNs.
- .GLOBAL is Well-Suited for Generic Names and Communities - Offers a great opportunity to reach an international audience. Examples: travel.global, banking.global, think.global, dating.global, rentals.global and dogood.global.
- .GLOBAL Ties it All Together - Most ccTLDs and vertical new TLDs can be paired with a .GLOBAL domain, where the .GLOBAL domain creates a unifying umbrella for the portfolio and/or organization. Few new TLDs, like .GLOBAL, can offer a string that spans over, and is relevant for so many interests, countries, religions and industries at once.
- Landrush starts on August 27th, 2014; registration applications are open to everyone.
- GoLive starts on September 9th, 2014; registration open to everyone on a first come first served basis.