The most cost effective and simply way for trademark holders to protect their brand. Using Rightside's DPML blocking, no one will be able to register your trademark. This blocking service only needs to be registered once, and then can be applied easily across multiple top-level-domains like .consulting, .engineer, .social and more! Now available at HEXONET through the Control Panel by going to Manage Products > Domain Block.
What is the DPML?
Rightside has launched its rights protection DPML (Domain Protected Marks List) service for newTLDs. This allows trademark holders to protect their validated trademarks by blocking their trademark and trademark + item strings, without having to defensively purchasing every Rightside NewTLD domain name (saving a lot in registration fees).
How Does it Work?
For brands that are registered with the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH), a trademark (TM) holder can use DPML to protect their brand across all current and future Rightside NewTLDs releases. DPML registration applies to an exact trademark match, a variation on a trademark or as a trademark plus a linked term. Currently, the Rightside DPML is available for a one-year registration term. In a few months, Rightside will add the feature for multi-year renewals. Stay tuned for this announcement.
Key Benefits of a DPML Block:
- Brand owners can protect their trademarks, as well as, keywords that contain the trademark.
- Using the DPML is a more cost effective alternative to defensively registering multiple domain names
- A single registration covers ALL of RightSideTM NewTLDs (uncontested).
- A block can be removed (on a per TLD basis) should the trademark holder decide to register the domain (resolve) for use.
Annual/Renewal Pricing for a DPMLTM Rightside - 1-Year Term:
- Reseller Price Class: 446.25* (net price: 375.00) USD/Year Protection
- Premium Price Class: 416.50* (net price: 350.00) USD/Year Protection
- Platinum Price Class: 386.75* (net price: 325.00) USD/Year Protection
Some of the TLDs that will be covered include: