VeriSign, the official registry provider for .COM and .NET, will soon be upgrading the security of their authorization code (auth code) and transfer system. This update will require all auth codes, for existing and future domains, to consist of:
- eight (8) alphanumeric characters,
- having at least one (1) numeric,
- one (1) alphabetic, and
- one (1) special character
Sunday, November 15th, 2009, 01:00 a.m. - 05:00 a.m. UTC
(Saturday, November 14th, 2009, 08:00 p.m. - 00:00 a.m. EST)
Clients of HEXONET:
- All new registrations will automatically be assigned auth codes that comply with the new registry requirements.
- Existing domains must have their auth codes updated according to the new regulation after system upgrade.
- For API connected clients, the OT&E is already compliant with the new regulations and can be used to test immediately.
Automatic auth code updating service:
If you have a large domain portfolio or simply would like HEXONET to automatically update all your .COM and .NET domains, please send an email to email@example.com and we will be more than happy to update your domains free of charge.