.CO Second-Level Pre-registration opens Thursday February 25, 2010 at 09:00 UTC
Expected to be largest TLD introduction of 2010, resellers should start preparing now by collecting .CO pre-registrations. HEXONET will start accepting pre-registrations for both Landrush and GoLive starting on February 25, 2010 at 09:00 UTC. Are you ready ?
Dates, Pricing and Information
- Landrush: June 21 - July 13, 2010. Anyone may participate and submit domain(s). Domains with multiple applications will go to auction.
- GoLive: July 20, 2010. Anyone may participate and submit domain(s). Domains are allocated according to the "first-come-first-served" principle in real-time.
- Time: to be announced
- Registration Periods: 1 to 5 years
- Pre-Registration Fee: to be determined. An application fee by the registry may be applied, however this is not known at this point in time.
- Registration Fee: Only charged upon successful registration
- Reseller: 33.32 (net: 28.00) USD per Domain/Year
- Premium: 31.54 (net: 26.50) USD per Domain/Year
- Platinum: 29.51 (net: 24.80) USD per Domain/Year
Who can register ?
- Anyone in the world is able to register
- No domicile or burdensome documentation
Important - Pre-Registration Billing
Important: The registry may apply a one-time application fee for pre-registrations submitted during Landrush. Unfortunately this information is not available at this point in time. Please stay tuned for further updates.
For Landrush and GoLive, on June 14, 2010 and July 12, 2010 respectively, HEXONET will attempt to withdraw the total cost of all your .CO pre-registrations from your reseller account. This deduction is only to reserve funds in case all your pre-registrations are successful. Reserved funds will be returned back to your account if any pre-registrations are not successful or if you delete a pre-registration 24 hours prior to the respective Landrush or GoLive launch date.
Please note, that for GoLive only, 24 hours prior to the actual launch, HEXONET will stop accepting pre-registrations. Additional domain requests will be queued up and submitted to the registry once our main batch-queue has been submitted successfully. As always, if any pre-registrations should fail, refunds will automatically be applied to your reseller account.
Pre-registration via API
command = AddDomainApplication class = CO_LANDRUSH | CO_GOLIVE domain = example.co period = 1Y | 2Y | 3Y | 4Y | 5Y ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver2 = (NAMESERVER)
Pre-Registration via Control Panel
Pre-registrations can be submitted through the Control Panel by logging into your account and navigating to "Manage Products > Domains" and clicking the "Pre-reg Admin" link in the left side menu. From here one can list existing or submit new pre-registrations. Users can modify or delete any pre-registrations without charge up to 24 hours prior to the launch date.
What makes .CO such a unique opportunity ?
.CO offers individuals and organizations exciting new options in branding their online presence. Research has shown that .CO is immediately recognizable by registrants around the world to mean "company", "corporation" and/or other types of commercial ventures. In addition to being a platform for commerce, .CO is also the perfect home for today's socially networked individuals and entrepreneurs who may want to create COmmunities, share COntent, and COnnect, COmmunicate and COllaborate with friends, families, clients, and the public at large.