RegistryPro, the official registry operator of the generic TLD .PRO, will be launching a new and improved version of .PRO domains starting November 17, 2011. Registration is now open to virtual all professions and activation is now immediate. For professionals thinking about getting a new .PRO domain, pre-registration starts at October 4, 2011 at 10:00 UTC. And now with PRE-REGISTRATION PRICING ARE AT OUR LOWEST PRICE EVER for this TLD. Here is a small segment of the official .PRO release:
RegistryPro wil make .PRO, the exclusive TLD for Professionals, more widely available to registrants who want to use the extension to create or enhance their online identities. To facilitate this, changes have made to the latest version of .PRO. The cumbersome registration process and delayed activation of domains names are no longer an issue. The PRO data collection process has been revolutionized and registrants are now able to register and use their .PRO Domains instantly!
The professional data required on registration to activate a name is reduced to one field: Profession. This field is required to create 2nd level names, and all 2nd level names will become active immediately upon registration. Additional information may still be needed from the registrant if their name is selected for random monitoring and sampling.
Please note that the Registrant Contact is considered the holder of the professional credential. The Registrant Contact name and address will be used in the verification process in conjunction with the professional data submitted with the domain name.
Currently the registry manages a total of 114,000 Domains worldwide. With this newly revolutionized upgrade .PRO will become available to many more worldwide. If you are a "Professional" by a certified body, then why not show it and pre-register your .PRO today.
.PRO Re-Launch info:
- Go-Live: November 17, 2011
- Allocated on a First-come-First-Served basis
- Characters: Min. 3, Max. 63, letters, numbers, hyphens ("-") - however hyphens at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD will not be accepted
- Registration Periods: 1 - 10 Years
- Domain Name Registration Policies: View
Promotional and Standard Pricing:
- Go-Live Promotional Pricing:
- Reseller: $8.21* (net: 6.90) USD per Domain/Year
- Premium: $7.02* (net: 5.90) USD per Domain/Year
- Platinum: $5.83* (net: 4.90) USD per Domain/Year
- Promotional Pricing Ends: December 31, 2011
- Promotional Price only applies to new one (1) year registrations
- Multi-year registrations are NOT eligible at promotional pricing
- Transfers and renewals are NOT eligible at promotional pricing
- Standard Pricing starting January 1, 2012 for .PRO 2nd Level Registrations and Transfers:
- Reseller: $14.28* (net: 12.00) USD per Domain/Year
- Premium: $12.85* (net: 10.80) USD per Domain/Year
- Platinum: $11.78* (net: 9.90) USD per Domain/Year
- .PRO Domain Restores are priced at: 71.40* (net: 60.00) USD per Restore
Important FAQs for New .PRO
|QUESTION 1:||Am I eligible to register a .PRO domain under the new registration rules?
To register a .PRO domain name, you must be:
Pre-registration Billing: (IMPORTANT)
HEXONET will start withdrawing DEPOSITS for Go LIVE starting November 10, 2011. These deposit deductions are only to reserve funds in case all your Pre-registrations are successful. Deposits will automatically be returned back to your reseller account if any Pre-registrations are not successful or if you delete it prior to the submission to the registry (for Go-Live 24 hours prior to the actual launch).
Go-Live applications deleted more than 24 hours prior launch are automatically refunded back to your reseller account. Please note, that Go-Live deletions are not permitted in the last 24 hours prior launch.
Pre-registration via API (Go-Live)
command = AddDomainApplication
class = PRO_GOLIVE
domain = example.pro
period = 1Y | 2Y | 3Y | 4Y | 5Y | 6Y | 7Y | 8Y | 9Y | 10Y
x-pro-accept-tou = 1
x-pro-profession = Lawyer
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT)
admincontact0 = (CONTACT)
techcontact0 = (CONTACT)
billingcontact0 = (CONTACT)
nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER)
nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER)
nameserver2 = (NAMESERVER)
Optionally you may also provide the following:
Pre-registration via Control Panel
Pre-registrations can be submitted through the Control Panel by logging into your account and navigating to "Manage Products > Domains" and clicking the "Pre-reg Admin" link in the left side menu. From here one can list existing or submit new Pre-registrations. Users can modify or delete any Pre-registrations without charge up to 24 hours prior to the launch date.
* The GROSS price includes Germany's 19% VAT; many resellers pay the lower NET price without VAT.