Terms and Conditions Change for .SE Domains
As an accredited .SE (Swedish top-level domain - operated by The Internet Infrastructure Foundation) registrar, HEXONET notifies its clients if there are upcoming changes to the Registry's own Terms and Condiitions. In fact, on June 3, 2013, the .SE Registry will be updating their Terms and Conditions in an attempt to simplify and clarify their regulations.
- New wording concerning alternative dispute-solution procedures (paragraph 7)
- Changes to how personal data will be handled (paragraph 9) which concerns the handling of personal data, particularly regarding the consent for publication in whois.
- New powers that give .SE the right to deactivate and deregister a domain name, if the domain holder was/is a legal entity and said entity has been dissolved after completed bankruptcy or liquidation, or if the domain holder is a natural person and he/she has deceased which may be dissolved by distribution of an estate
- .SE has also removed the special regulation regarding main domains since these no longer are available for new registration.
- Linguistic adjustments and clarifications have been made and more.
The new Terms and Conditions of Registration will be in force starting on June 3, 2013 and will apply to all registered domain names under .SE. To see the full set of changes please visit the .SE website (www.iis.se/english/register) that was published on May 3, 2013.
REMINDER: DNS.BE - Launching IDN.BE - June 11, 2013 - Pre-Register Today!
Pre-Register your IDN.BE today and increase your chances of getting the domain you want on June 11, 2013, when DNS.be will be launching IDN domain registrations for the .BE country-code-top-level-domain.
The different characters that can be used for IDN registrations are provided below. DNS.be is allowing characters that include, at the very least, all accented characters used in Dutch, French and German. Other accented characters from other European languages, such as Swedish, Danish and Finnish may be included.
Pricing for IDN.BE domains will be the same as for regular .BE Domains. And pre-registrations are on a First-Come-First-Served basis.
HEXONET will start withdrawing DEPOSITS for Go Live applications starting on June 3, 2013. These deposit deductions are only to reserve funds in case all your Pre-registrations are successful. Deposits will automatically be returned back to your reseller account if any Pre-registrations are not successful or if you delete it prior to the submission to the registry (for Go Live 48 hours prior to the actual launch).
Go Live IDN.BE domains applications deleted more than 48 hours prior launch are automatically refunded back to your reseller account. Please note, that Go Live deletions are not permitted in the last 48 hours prior launch.
Change to CentralNIC Restore Time-Frames
CentralNIC recently made some modifications to their restore time-frames, as such we have updated our systems accordingly:
- deletion_restorable_period: Reduced from 45d --> 30d
- deletion_hold_period: Increased from 0d --> 5d
.NET Price Increase - July 1, 2013
VeriSign announced that they will be increasing the annual price for .NET domains starting July 1, 2013.
- .NET Prices: increasing by 0.51 USD per Domain/Year.
.ORG Price Increase - July 1, 2013
PIR announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .ORG domains starting July 1, 2013.
- .ORG Prices: increasing by 0.55 USD per Domain/Year.
.NAME Price Increase - August 1, 2013
VeriSign recently announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .NAME domains starting August 1, 2013.
- .NAME Second-Level Domain Prices (example.name): increasing by 0.60 USD per Domain/Year.
- .NAME Third-Level Domain Prices (john.doe.name): increasing by 0.77 USD per Domain/Year
- .NAME Email Forwarding Prices: increasing by 1.20 USD per Email Address
.BIZ Price Increase - September 1, 2013
NeuStar - recently announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .BIZ domains starting September 1, 2013.
- .BIZ Prices: increasing by 0.78 USD per Domain/Year.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A REGISTRY (Neustar) PRICE INCREASE ONLY. HEXONET will not be adding additional margin on top of this price increase.
.INFO Price Increase - September 1, 2013
Afilias - recently announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .INFO domains starting September 1, 2013.
- .INFO Prices: increasing by 0.74 USD per Domain/Year.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A REGISTRY (Afilias) PRICE INCREASE ONLY. HEXONET will not be adding additional margin on top of this price increase.
* The GROSS price includes Germany's 19% VAT; many resellers pay the lower NET price without VAT.