DENIC Introduces .DE Restores via RGP (Redemption Grace Period)
On December 3rd, 2013 the DENIC will introduce a Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .DE Domains to better handle domain deletions. The most important details are as follows:
- Duration of RGB: 30 Days from time of deletion
- If not restored during the 30 Day RGP, then the domain wil be made available again on the day after RGP
- If you wish to RESTORE a .DE Domain, you must request an AUTHINFO2 Code
- A third-party registrar can also RESTORE a .DE Domain with an AUTHINFO2 Code (this is different from the regular gTLD Restore that can only occur at the current registrar)
- .DE Domains that are currently in DISPUTE will, as usual, be assigned to the winner of the dispute, therefore upon deletion and the domain will NOT go into RGP
Costs of a .DE Restore:
- For all price classes: 23.80* (net price: 20.00) EUR/Restore. Please note, that the Restore includes a one year renewal.
- The pricing relation is: PRICE_CLASS_DOMAIN_DE_RESTORE:20.00
.NET Price Increase - February 1, 2014
VeriSign announced that they will be increasing the annual price for .NET domains starting February 1, 2014.
- .NET Prices: increasing by 0.56 USD per Domain/Year.
Nominet ushers in new era for .UK namespace
Nominet recently announced the decision to introduce second-level-domain names for the .UK namespace. From summer 2014, shorter, simpler 'example.uk' domain names will be available, representing the biggest modification of the .uk namespace since it began.
Any unique 'example.uk' domain name (e.g. one that does not have an equivalent name already registered as a .co.uk or a .org.uk) will be available on a first-come, first served basis from launch.
Over ten million existing .uk customers will be offered the shorter equivalent of their current address, with five years to decide whether they want to use it in addition to, or instead of the domain they already have.
In the small proportion of instances where there could be competition - e.g. where one person holds example.co.uk and another holds example.org.uk - the shorter domain will be offered to the .co.uk registrant.
All of our existing domains (.co.uk, .org.uk, .net.uk, .me.uk, .plc.uk, .ltd.uk and .sch.uk) will continue to run as normal.
HEXONET will be providing more information shortly, including information on pre-registrations for .UK Second-Level-Domains.