.LU IDNs Launching Soon
Recently DNS-LU, the official registry operator of the ccTLD of Luxembourg, announced that Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) for .LU will begin as of April 1st, 2010. On that day, .LU IDN registrations will be accepted on a "first-come-first-served bases". Stay tuned for the official set of IDN characters from the registry, as well as, HEXONET's pre-registration opening date in subsequent notices.
.LU Trustee No Longer Required
As of February 1st, 2010, the requirement that the administrative contact for a .LU domain be an entity in Luxembourg, will be dropped. As a result, .LU registrations will be permitted by anyone worldwide without restriction. For existing .LU registrants at HEXONET, on February 1st, 2010, Trustee data will automatically be replaced with the registrant data, as well as, the automatic removal of Trustee .LU relations and billing logic on the system.
.RU Drastic Policy Change Starting April 1st, 2010
Last October, the registry operator for the ccTLD .RU (the Coordination Center), modified its policy on .RU registration. In accordance with those modified policies, starting April 1st, 2010, registrants must also be "verified" before a registration can be processed.
We will inform you in more detail concerning the registration process in one our upcoming newsletters.
Notice: Even though the verification policy doesn't start until April 1st, 2010, HEXONET would like to encourage all resellers to start implementing these requirements today.
1. Registrant Verification: Depending on Registration Type Please Submit the Required Documentation
- For Legal Entities: A copy of the certificate that shows state registration issued by the state authority.
- For Natural Persons: A copy of a passport (personal details and issuance data).
- For Entrepreneurs: A copy of a passport (personal details and issuance data).
2. Required field for the Domain Verification
- Contract-ID: Please submit the contract number for your registration using field X-RU-DOMAIN-CONTRACT-ID
- The contract ID can be obtained using the StatusDomain command for the respective domain (within the property)
3. Submission of Required Documentation Copies
- Email: email@example.com using digital copies in "jpg", "png", "gif" or "pdf" format
- Fax: +7 (495) 7370602
- 123308, 3d Khoroshevskaya str., 2/1, Moscow, Russia (RU-CENTER) or
- 125315, Leningradsky prospekt, 74, bldg. 4, Moscow, Russia
4. Querying the Status of Verification available through WHOIS
- Prior to registrant verification, the WHOIS output will contain - State: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, UNVERIFIED
- After successful verification, the registrant will receive an email and the WHOIS output will change to - State: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, VERIFIED
Even though the verification policy doesn't start until April 1st, 2010, HEXONET would like to encourage all resellers to start implementing these requirements today.
.DE Transfers Using Auth. Codes
As of February 1st, 2010, DENIC as the official registry for the ccTLD .DE, will discontinue to support its "old" transfer methods and only permit transfers with the use of the AuthInfo1 Code procedure. Existing .DE domains that currently do not have an AuthInfo1 Code will automatically be assigned one to allow for transfers.
Initiate Incoming Transfer
Same as gTLDs but using the respective AuthInfo1 or AuthInfo2 code for the domain
command = TransferDomain domain = example123.de action = request auth = xyz12345
Initiate Outgoing Transfer
Generate the AuthInfo1 code for the respective domain using command
command=DENIC_CreateAuthInfo1 domain=example123.de (optional) auth=xyz12345 x-de-authinfo1-expirationdate = 2010-01-02
Requesting AuthInfo2 Code Directly from DENIC
- Requesting an AuthInfo2 code costs 14.16 (net price: 11.90) EUR and will automatically be charged to your reseller account.
AuthInfo2 requests directly from DENIC can be generated by using command
command = DENIC_CreateAuthInfo2 domain = example123.de
Marking-Up AuthInfo2 Requests for Sub-Resellers
AuthInfo2 code costs 14.16 (net price: 11.90) EUR, but can be marked up to your sub-resellers by creating the following relation:
Change of Currency for Third-Level .CM Domains
Please note, that we have as of immediately changed the currency of Third-Level .CM Domains (.com.cm, .co.cm & .net.cm) from USD to EUR. The prices remain as is.