.AC/.IO/.SH and .TM Move to EPP on May 29, 2013
HEXONET is extremely pleased to announce that the official registry operator of .AC, .IO, .SH and .TM will be moving to an EPP based registry system on May 29, 2013. This is huge milestone for the registry and HEXONET would like to congratulate our friends there! With the change to an EPP system, the major changes to note are the following:
- Transfers: Transfers will be treated similar to .COM transfers, meaning to initiate a transfer an authorization code will be required. If the authorization code is valid, the transfer is processed immediately and results in an additional year added to the registration term.
- Domain Transactions: All domain transactions are performed in real-time
- New FAILURE PERIOD: +89 days (previously -1 day). Domains that are set to AUTOEXPIRE or AUTODELETE can be renewed up to 89 days after expiration.
Reminder: .GD Again Available for Registration
The country of Grenada has taken back control over their ccTLD and have chosen a new registry operator. As such registrations were enabled once again on May 21, 2013. With the change of hands to a new operator, the RENEWAL PERIOD HAS ALSO CHANGED.
The FAILURE PERIOD as of May 21, 2013 was changed from +39 days to now -2 days.
Please ensure that you take this new failure date into consideration and that you make appropriate adjustments. You may expect some additional minor changes from the registry, as they are in the process of modifying thier registrar agreement. A further notice will be sent out as soon as more information is available.
.NZ Now EPP
HEXONET recently migrated its registry connection at the NZRegistry to EPP. All new registrations, transfers and renewals are now processed in real-time. Additionally, all .NZ domains have been assigned a new Authorization Code (UDAI), which are required for transfers. Lastly, the Finalization and Failure Periods have changed from -1 day to +4 days.
REMINDER: DNS.BE - Launching IDN.BE - June 11, 2013 - Pre-Register Today!
Pre-Register your IDN.BE today and increase your chances of getting the domain you want on June 11, 2013, when DNS.be will be launching IDN domain registrations for the .BE country-code-top-level-domain. DNS.be is allowing characters that include, at the very least, all accented characters used in Dutch, French and German. Other accented characters from other European languages, such as Swedish, Danish and Finnish may be included.
.NET Price Increase - July 1, 2013
VeriSign announced that they will be increasing the annual price for .NET domains starting July 1, 2013.
- .NET Prices: increasing by 0.51 USD per Domain/Year.
.ORG Price Increase - July 1, 2013
PIR announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .ORG domains starting July 1, 2013.
- .ORG Prices: increasing by 0.55 USD per Domain/Year.
.NAME Price Increase - August 1, 2013
VeriSign recently announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .NAME domains starting August 1, 2013.
- .NAME Second-Level Domain Prices (example.name): increasing by 0.60 USD per Domain/Year.
- .NAME Third-Level Domain Prices (john.doe.name): increasing by 0.77 USD per Domain/Year
- .NAME Email Forwarding Prices: increasing by 1.20 USD per Email Address
.BIZ Price Increase - September 1, 2013
NeuStar recently announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .BIZ domains starting September 1, 2013.
- .BIZ Prices: increasing by 0.78 USD per Domain/Year.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A REGISTRY (Neustar) PRICE INCREASE ONLY. HEXONET will not be adding additional margin on top of this price increase.
.INFO Price Increase - September 1, 2013
Afilias recently announced that they will also be increasing the annual prices for .INFO domains starting September 1, 2013.
- .INFO Prices: increasing by 0.74 USD per Domain/Year.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A REGISTRY (Afilias) PRICE INCREASE ONLY. HEXONET will not be adding additional margin on top of this price increase.
* The GROSS price includes Germany's 19% VAT; many resellers pay the lower NET price without VAT.