Period Changes for .AT, .NU and .SE Domains
Changes at the ccTLD Registries of .AT, .NU and .SE have resulted in some major changes with respect to the Failure and Finalization period. The changes for .NU and .SE are already in effect, whereas the changes for .AT will take effect on Octonber 1, 2013.
- The Finalization Period has been reduced from -30 to -2 days.
- The Failure Period has been reduced from -30 to -2 days.
- The 30 day expiration notice on .AT domains is now only a 2 day notice prior to expiration of a domain.
- The Failure Period has been increased from -1 to 69 days.
- Domains configured with either AUTOEXPIRE or AUTODELETE can now be renewed up to +69 days past the expiration date.
- The Failure Period has been increased from -1 to +69 days.
- Domains configured with either AUTOEXPIRE or AUTODELETE can now be renewed up to 69 days past the expiration date.
Reminder of .NU Changes
On September 2, 2013, the .NU ccTLD transitioned from WorldNames, Inc. to the new operator .SE Registry. As such, the policies for the management of .NU Domains changed on September 2, 2013:
- https://www.iis.se/terms-and-conditions-nu.pdf (English version)
- https://www.iis.se/Registreringsvillkor_sv_nu.pdf (Swedish version)
In conjunction with the registry back-end change, there will also be changes to pricing and currency. As of September 2, 2013 the pricing will be as follows:
- Reseller: .NU Domains will be reduced from 40.46* (net price: 34.00) USD/Domain/Year to 249.90* (net price: 210.00) SEK/Domain/Year
- Premium: .NU Domains will be reduced from 34.51* (net price: 29.00) USD/Domain/Year to 214.20* (net price: 180.00) SEK/Domain/Year
- Platinum: .NU Domains will be reduced from 28.56* (net price: 24.00) USD/Domain/Year to 166.60* (net price: 140.00) SEK/Domain/Year
IN addition to the above change, you are now required to provide a unique identification number (similar to .SE) with every registration. As many domains were imported to the new registry, some domain do NOT have this required identification number. We will email resellers the list of domains, that need correcting.
Reminder - .CO - Global Launch of European Internationalized Domain Names - October 15, 2013
The .CO Registry recently announced the global launch of European Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) for the .CO namespace. Since over 70% of the languages used on the Internet are non-English, IDNs can be an important building block towards creating a truly multilingual Internet. The availability of additional global languages in the .CO namespace is intended to increase local interest and use.
Please read carefully for the full timeline and language tags offered:
- Languages: Russian, German, French, Portuguese, Polish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian
- Launch Date: 15 October 2013, 00:00:00 UTC
- Namespace(s): .All .CO products (.co, .com.co, .net.co, .nom.co)
- Please Note: As of the launch of General Availability in 2010, Spanish IDNs have been available for registration
European IDNs will be available for registration within the second and third level domains of .co, .com.co, .net.co, .nom.co and any restricted third level domains (.org.co, .mil.co, .gov.co, .edu.co). The registry may have a small portfolio of IDN domains reserved as part of its premium names list. That portfolio will be made available in the upcoming month prior to the launch date. All other IDN .CO domain names will be available for general registration on the launch date.
Changes to the Failure Dates for .PH and .SG Domains
Effective immediately, the "FAILURE PERIOD" for both .PH and .SG Domains have been modified to benefit our resellers. The changes are as follows:
- .PH (Including Third-Level .PH Domains) Failure Period is now +59 Days
- .SG (Including Third-Level .SG Domains) Failure Period is now +29 Days