Premium Domains and Premium Renewal Pricing via API
Support for premium domains renewals has been implemented at HEXONET. Please note that the commands below do not affect Non-premium domains and those remain unchanged by this update.
Premium domain names now are subject to a premium renewal price tag and will now require an additional parameter for explicit RenewDomain and PayDomainRenewal requests. This implementation is to prevent accidential renewals at higher premium domain name prices. The parameter 'CLASS' must match the price class of the respective premium domain (ie. for both RenewDomain and PayDomainRenewal):
- All domains set to AUTORENEW will continue to get billed automatically. The system will allocate the renewal price, as long as the account has sufficient funds to cover the fee. If any auto-renewed premium domains are deleted or transferred out, before the renewal gets finalized on the finalization date, the system will automatically refund that renewal fee (same procedure as non-premium domains).
- Explicit domain renewals - like executing via RenewDomain - are final, and cannot be undone afterwards.
- All premium price class and fees are found in the domain list and can be retrieved via the API request StatusDomain (the price class gets returned as property SUBCLASS).
Premium Renewal Pricing Control Panel
Premium domain renewal pricing can now also be reviewed through the Control Panel. To enable the Premium Domains renewal pricing via cotnrol panel, please proceed as follows:
- Log into Control Panel
- Navigate to Manage Products > Domains
- Then "enable" Domain Renewal Pricing via the Customize View Icon.
.NET Price Increase - February 1, 2015
VeriSign announced an increase to the annual price of .NET domains starting February 1, 2015.
- .NET Prices: increasing by 0.73* (net price: 0.61) USD per Domain/Year.
- HEXONET recommends renewing any domains ahead of this price increase. .NET domains can be renewed now or at any point in the future. Renewals can be for 1 to 9 years. HEXONET will be increasing the price 1:1 and will NOT be adding additional margin.
.CO.ZA Price Increase - March 1, 2015
The ZA Central Registry announced an increase to the annual price of .CO.CA Domains starting March 1, 2015
.CO.ZA Prices: increasing by 17.85* (net price: 15.00) ZAR per Domain/Year.
- HEXONET recommends renewing any domains ahead of this price increase
.INFO Price Increase - May 1, 2015
Afilias announced an increase to the annual price of .INFO domains starting May 1, 2015.
- .INFO Prices: increasing by 0.96* (net price: 0.81) USD per Domain/Year.
- HEXONET recommends renewing any domains ahead of this price increase. .INFO domains can be renewed now or at any point in the future. Renewals can be for 1 to 9 years. HEXONET will be increasing the price 1:1 and will NOT be adding additional margin.
New VAT (Value-Added-Tax) rules for Europe Starting January 1, 2015
In the past, any individual/corporation who did not have a valid VAT ID. Nr. was charged by the German VAT value of 19%. However, as of January 1st, 2015, any customer or reseller within the EU, who does not have a valid VAT ID Nr. will get charged thier local VAT percentage (subject to the VAT value of your country of origin when purchasing domains).
More detailed information on this topic can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/traders/e-commerce/index_en.htm