Latest New TLDs at HEXONET:
HEXONET continues to launch more new TLDs on our regular Tuesday schedule, including several highly anticipated new TLDs these past couple of weeks:
|SUNRISE New TLDS||General Available New TLDs|
Keep up with the latest New TLDs launch dates with HEXONET's calendar here.
New TLDs: Looking Back at 2014
Last year was an extremely busy year for domain names and for new TLDs. As of January 5th, the new TLDs market looked as follows:
• Over 3.7 million new TLD registrations
• Over 300 gTLDs are active and are accepting registrations
• Over 479 gTLDs were delegated
• Over 729 Registry Agreements were executed
The top ten (10) new TLDs by Registration Volume (Source: https://ntldstats.com/tld):
* represents a closed TLD - not open for general public registrations
New TLDs: Looking Forward to 2015
- Hundreds of TLDs will be launching, some of which will be the most hotly contested strings (.app, .web, .online)
- Several of the new TLD registries will be releasing their previously blocked collision domain lists making available these highly desirable domain names that even include 2-character domains.
- Several major brands will launch their own branded new TLDs, which may increase consumer awareness of all new TLDs in general.
- Amazon and Google (both major new TLD applicants/Registries) likely to ramp up awareness or launch services for some of their recently delegated TLDs
- Anticipating that certain Registries will start offering unique and complementary products or features that will work in conjunction with their new TLDs.
- 2015 will be critical for new TLD renewal rates, as it is the first year renewals will be processed.
- The new TLD aftermarket is expected to explode in sales.