Latest New TLDs at HEXONET:
HEXONET continues to launch more new TLDs on our regular Tuesday schedule, including several highly anticipated new TLDs these past couple of weeks:
|SUNRISE New TLDS||General Available New TLDs|
Keep up with the latest New TLDs launch dates with HEXONET's calendar here.
.Club Surpasses 200,000 Registrations!
.Club now has the third most domain registrations among all new gTLDs! A model for success, .Club demonstrates how hard work coupled with an extension having true and intrinsic value can drive success and demand for a new gTLD. Congratulations to the team at .Club Domains, LLC, the registry, for seeing all their invested time, money, and 'sweat equity' now paying off. As a team of true 'road warriors', they have done a fantastic job of traveling the globe drumming up interest in .Club and developing key relationships with the registrars.
.Club has also set the benchmark for widespread usage and premium name sales, including the auction of Wine.club for $140,000, Coffee.Club for $100,000, Vegas.club for $100,000 and more. To date, the Registry has sold more than $800,000 in premium .Club domain names that are over and above their standard domain registrations and renewals. According to the .Club Registry, "in less than a year from its launch, more than 200,000 .Club domain names have been sold, and hundreds of new .Club names are being registered every day at domain name resellers all over the world. Recognized globally as a meaningful, memorable word that expresses community and shared passion, .Club is the most popular new domain extension introduced thus far as part of the Internet’s recent namespace expansion. Those now using a web address ending in .Club include brands, celebrities, sports figures, innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups, associations, and clubs around the globe."
With the growing user base and popularity of .Club domains, now is the time to promote renewals and transfers (transfer-ins):
- .Club opened General Availability on May 7th, 2014, which is approaching their one-year anniversary
- Right now is an excellent time to remind your customers about the importance of renewing their existing .Club registrations
- Transfer-ins also pickup around this time, so now is also the time to work at capturing .Club transfers held at other registrars.
- If you working on a bulk renewal / bulk transfer-in and would like to discuss volume pricing, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Breakout Year for .Brand new gTLDs!
HEXONET believes that this year, 2015, will be the year when the major brand names launch their .Brand new gTLDs. There are lots of news showing signs that major international brands are gearing up to publicly launch their .Brand TLDs soon. If the reports are true, then these new developments in the .Brand TLDs will be critical in driving more consumer awareness about all the new gTLDs - 'a rising tide lifts all boats'.
Marriott International, Inc., a leading hospitality company with more than 3,900 properties, has already developed a landing page highlighting their vision for their own .Marriott brand TLD (http://www.marriott.com/marriott/gtld.mi). Even the website's page title states, "A Journey Beyond .Com." The French bank and financial services firm, BNP Paribas, has launched two customer-facing campaigns that leverage their own .Brand new gTLD. In the BNP Paribas campaigns interesting did the following:
- BNP Paribas customers already received emails notifying them of the new .bnpparibas domain name.
- A website explaining the Bank's rationale and opportunity behind their new .Brand TLD and are also soliciting customer feedback - https://toutsurmabanque.bnpparibas.net/votre-reaction/securite.
- BNP Paribas has also launched an innovative digital tool for deciphering change in the world - http://livingthechange.bnpparibas