HEXONET continues to launch more new TLDs on our WEDNESDAY schedule, including several highly anticipated new TLDs these past couple of weeks:
|SUNRISE New TLDS||General Available New TLDs|
Keep up with the latest New TLDs launch dates with HEXONET's calendar here.
.VIP - Now Live and in General Availability
.VIP entered general availability on May 17, 2016 and was one of the most successful new gTLD launches in history. HEXONET is currently running a special promo on .VIP registrations, so now is the time to register some of these highly popular domain names. Also, keep in mind that Minds + Machines, the registry, has announced that .VIP premium domains renew at standard renewal prices!
- Promo Ends: August 31, 2016 10:00 UTC
- Promotional Pricing in ALL Price Classes: 7.02* (net price: 5.90) USD/Domain/1st Year
- Promotion only applies to new 1-year registrations
- Multiyear registrations are possible, however promotional pricing only applies to the first year
- Transfers and renewals are NOT eligible at promotional price
- Premium Domains are NOT eligible at promo price
Global Domain Stats: Where do new gTLDs Fit in the Big Picture?
VeriSign, the global registry operator for .com, .net and other extensions, has recently released its latest Domain Name Industry Brief (DNIB). In this brief, VeriSign reviews the state of the domain industry using statistical and analytical methods. As always, HEXONET reviews and highlights the most interesting data, insights, key performance metrics, and growth opportunities for our resellers and customers.
Here are some of the key highlights:
- The fourth quarter of 2015 closed with a base of approximately 314 million domain name registrations across all top-level domains (TLDs), an increase of approximately 15 million domain names, or 5 percent over the third quarter of 2015. Registrations have grown by 25.9 million, or 9 percent, year over year.
- Total country code TLD (ccTLD) registrations were approximately 144.4 million domain names, a 4.8 percent increase quarter over quarter, and a 7.7 percent increase year over year.
- The top 10 ccTLDs, as of Dec. 31, 2015, were .tk (Tokelau), .cn (China), .de (Germany), .uk (United Kingdom), .ru (Russian Federation), .nl (Netherlands), .eu (European Union), .br (Brazil), .au (Australia) and .fr (France).
- There are now over 17.6 million new gTLD registrations worldwide with over 50% of these registrations from China. (source: ntldstats.com)