HEXONET continues to launch more new TLDs on our WEDNESDAY schedule, including several highly anticipated new TLDs these past couple of weeks:
|SUNRISE New TLDS||General Available New TLDs|
Keep up with the latest New TLDs launch dates with HEXONET's calendar here.
Get Ready for .SHOP, the Definitive Online Shopping Address
The GMO Registry will soon be launching .SHOP, one the most anticipated new gTLDs. With online shopping continuing to rapidly grow in market share and popularity, the .SHOP domain name is expected to have extremely high demand when released. Whether you or your customer is a big brand, a mom-and-pop retailer or a new venture, obtaining .SHOP domain name is critical for online sales.
- .SHOP aims to be the global home of ecommerce and retail.
- The .SHOP new gTLD is intended for online shops, as well as offline retailers building an online presence.
- The word “shop” is understood and recognized in many languages and cultures, and the TLD identifies ecommerce or retail websites to Internet users around the world.
- As both a noun and a verb, .SHOP is also a relevant domain name choice for shopping malls, shopping reviews, guides, and blogs.
- The word has extremely high recall, making a .SHOP domain name easier for customers to find and remember.
- A direct Call-to-Action for marketing campaigns
- Sunrise Phase: June 30 - August 29, 2016
- Early Access Program: September 1 - 26, 2016
- General Availability: September 26, 2016
- Reseller: 1,297.10* (net price 1090.00 USD)
- Premium: 1,279.25* (net price 1075.00 USD)
- Platinum: 1,249.50* (net price 1050.00 USD)
- **renewal pricing will be the standard registration fee as highlighted in General Availability pricing below.
- EAP (Early Access Program):
- Seven (7) different EAP stages
- Pricing details available in the Control Panel under: Manage Account > My Account > Prices
- Seven (7) different EAP stages
- General Availability:
- Reseller: 41.05* (net price 34.50) USD/Domain/Year
- Premium: 38.67* (net price 32.50) USD/Domain/Year
- Platinum: 33.91* (net price 28.50) USD/Domain/Year
* The GROSS price includes Germany's 19% VAT; many resellers pay the lower NET price without VAT.
HEXONET will start offering .SHOP pre-registrations as of June 30, 2016. If you already have EOIs (Expression of Interest) in your account, these can be converted to full-fledged pre-registrations.
Please visit: https://www.hexonet.net/preregistrations/shop to learn more about this highly sought-after new gTLD.
.BLOG to Launch Summer 2016!
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, is bringing the highly anticipated .BLOG new gTLD to market. The word "BLOG" has wide mainstream appeal and .BLOG domain names are uniquely positioned to attract high quality and valuable registrations. Sunrise registrations are expected to commence this August with General Availability in November.
HEXONET will keep you posted as soon as we have more details on launch dates. In the meantime, be sure to place your Expressions of Interest (EOIs) ahead of time to secure your position in the queue! https://www.hexonet.net/preregistrations/blog
Spotlight on CES.TECH
Radix, Asia's largest new gTLD registry operator, recently announced their latest .TECH Pioneers - The Consumer Electronics Show (popularly known as CES)! So officially, CES has migrated from www.cesweb.org, to the more relevant and defining CES.TECH domain name!
CES is the largest consumer technology trade show across the globe attracting large tech brands and fledging start-ups. CES this year had an attendance of over 170,000, gathering at over 2.47M net square feet of exhibit space.
The .TECH new gTLD continues to garner attention from not only brands such as CES, Microsoft & Baidu, but also really cool tech start-ups, tech influencers and tech associations. You can find more information about these here (startup.tech). .TECH has seen a steady growth in registrations to over 100K registrations and 600+ sites in the Alexa 1M in just 10 months; but its success and strength is defined by the global acceptance from the tech sector since its launch.