New gTLD Program Update - September 6, 2012
Some new gTLD Application Statistics - as of September 5, 2012
- Completed: 4
- In-Progress: 3
- Objections Filed: 0
- Change Requests: 57 submitted
- Number of Application Comments Submitted: 6,687
At this point in time, no decision has been made in terms of new gTLD Batching, meaning it is stil uncertain how and when these new gTLDs will be introduced to the market. More information is expected at the upcoming Toronto ICANN Meeting.
Key Dates of new gTLDs:
- September 26, 2012: Application comment closes
- October 2012 (or shortly thereafter): GAC early warning expected
- January 12, 2013: Objection period closes
- April 2013: GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee) communicates considerations on GAC Advice
- June/July 2012: All initial evaluations complete
Based on customer feedback we will be adding the following additional newTLDs to our EOI/Domain Application System on October 1, 2012 at 10:00 UTC.
We will also be adding a round of new IDN TLDs to the EOI/Domain Applications in November 2012.
If you are interested in a newTLD not listed above or that is not yet offered at HEXONET, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and HEXONET will add these requested newTLDs in subsequent EOI releases. To review the full list of TLDs for which ICANN has received applications for, please visit "newTLD Applications"